Smoked Baked Beans The Taste Will Have You Coming Back
Today we are going to bring you a Smoked Baked Beans recipe that my family has found amazing. Baked beans on smoker is a really easy dish to make and has great flavor.
I have had what I thought was BBQ baked beans before, but it was not until I made this smoked baked beans recipe on the smoker that I found out, I was missing something.
“We might receive commissions if you click on our links and make purchases. This does not affect your price. However, please know this does not impact our reviews and product comparisons. We try to keep things fair and balanced to help you make the best choice for your needs.”
The taste will have you coming back for seconds. Baked beans have always been a favorite side dish. Now it has become a requested side dish.
This is an easy recipe for baked beans with bacon. It is easy to do and with little prep time. You could probably learn to adjust the cooking time if you were in a hurry. I always cook it with whatever I am smoking. So it’s just easier to cook at 225° F for 4 hours. I have done it once at 275° F for 3 hours and it turned out good as well.
First lets grab something to Cook it in. I use a 12-inch Cast iron skillet but feel free to use what you want. Disposable aluminum foil pans work great to and are cheap.
Second, let’s grab a large can of Van Camp’s Pork and Beans (28 oz) or you can use 2 of the regular size (15oz) cans if that’s what you have. Then I Grab a can of Chili Beans (15oz) generic brand or whatever you prefer. Add them both into the skillet.
Third I grab a medium to large-sized red onion (yellow will work as well). Only need half of it though. Cut up half the onion into smaller pieces and add to the skillet.
Forth I add 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/8 cup Molasses. Then about 1/4 cup of yellow Mustard.
Fifth I like to make sure it’s all Mixed together real good. I just stir it together with a large spoon.
Sixth I add 6 oz of coca cola. It will fizz some but just mix it all together again.
Lastly, take 1/2 pound of Bacon( I use bacon ends and pieces that the wife gets from the store). but most common will just be a package of bacon. It doesn’t matter I would just cut it down to bite sized pieces and place it on top of the mixture.
I have seen some people like to mix it into the beans. I just like to place it on top so the bacon cooks more evenly and the fat renders down a bit better.
I then place it in the smoker at 225 degrees F for 4 hours. I am always cooking these with something else.
I normally try to time it so whatever I am cooking along with the Smoked Baked Beans gets done around the same time.
Smoked Baked Beans Ingredients
- 1 PACK BACON (need 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 1 COCA COLA, CAN (6 oz)
- 1 CAN CHILLI BEANS (15oz)
- 1/8 CUP MOLASSES
- 1 CANS PORK AND BEANS(28oz) (or 2 15oz cans)
- 1 RED(or Yellow) ONION, CHOPPED(only need to use half the onion)
- 1/4 CUP YELLOW MUSTARD
This is what I have settled on but feel free to change it if you like bacon add a little more bacon. If you like lots of onions add the whole onion. I have done it both ways and it still tastes great.
This is not my recipe
It is one I found on the Pit Boss website. I just modified it to my liking.
It is just the one that everyone has liked the best(including me)
I hope You try it and enjoy it as much as I. If you do want to try it or do try it let me Know. I look forward to your comments and questions
Smoked Baked Beans
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Large disposable aluminum baking pan
- ½ pound Bacon
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 6 oz Coca Cola
- 1 15 oz Can of Chilli Beans
- 1 28 oz Can of Pork and Beans Can use 2 small (15 oz) cans
- ½ Med to large Red onion Yellow onion works as well
- ⅛ cup Molasses
- ¼ Yellow Mustard
- Grab something to Cook in. I use a 12-inch Cast iron skillet but feel free to use what you want. Disposable aluminum foil pans work great to and are cheap.
- Grab a large can of Van Camp’s Pork and Beans (28 oz) or you can use 2 of the regular size (15oz) cans if that’s what you have.
- Then Grab a can of Chili Beans (15oz) generic brand or whatever you prefer. Add them both into the skillet.
- Add 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Add 1/8 cup Molasses.
- Add 1/4 cup of yellow Mustard.
- Add 6 oz of coca cola. It will fizz some but just mix it all together again
- Take 1/2 pound of Bacon( I use bacon ends and pieces that the wife gets from the store).but most common will just be a package of bacon. It doesn’t matter I would just cut it down to bite sized pieces and place it on top of the mixture.
- Place in Smoker at 225° for 4 hours. Leave uncovered
This are the best baked beans ever – they reheat well also.
Glad you liked them. It’s nice when something simple turns out so good
Just want to share, we had lots of leftovers after a family get together. I spooned off the extra juice, then put in containers big enough for a meal, then placed them in the freezer. A couple of weeks later I used my first batch, it reheated and tasted just like the day they were made. Great for my busy schedule.